I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while now. I’m working on a new book and sports psychology program with my friend, Greg Justice, and decided to kick things off by starting a blog. From personal experience, I can tell you that athletes are often asked to handle significant pressures in everyday life.
Pressure to be: Bigger. Faster. Stronger…
With so much pressure, it’s no wonder so many athletes often lose touch with the passion and fire that inspired them in the first place. And, while athletes may seem outwardly confident in their own skills, there’s still plenty of room for self-doubt and anxiety. Perhaps you beat yourself up too much after a close loss, or maybe you were injured during training and now you’re having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.
No matter the reason, it’s completely normal to find yourself plagued by self-doubt, anxiety, and the pressure to succeed. Fortunately, that’s where our new book and sports psychology program comes into play… I’ll also be sharing some personal stories and scientific research in my blog posts.
My new blogs are designed to help athletes of all ages, skill-sets and talent levels to overcome the prevalent fear and anxiety that can prevent them from achieving real success.
I’ll be sharing some vital tips and techniques like:
- How to get back in touch with the passion that inspired you to become an athlete in the first place.
- How to build a powerful support system.
- How to create a personal highlight reel, so you never give in to self-doubt.
- How to set goals that are so powerful, you’ll not only achieve them – you’ll feel like you were forced to achieve them.
- How to build your mental toughness so that you’re able to achieve a “winning mindset”
I’d also like to hear your thoughts about my new blog, so feel free to leave comments.